Residential Rental Procedures
It is Dennis Realty’s obligation to offer equal housing for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial
status, disability or any other federal, state and local laws regarding fair housing. Dennis Property Management is the
Broker/Agent of the Landlord and is compensated by the Landlord for services rendered.
All persons leasing an apartment, condo, or single-family residence must be of legal age - 18 years or older - to sign a contract and all
adult occupants must sign the lease. Applicants and Guarantors, if any, must provide photo-copy of picture ID and photo-copy of
applicant’s social security card. If you are not a US Citizen, you will be asked for proof that you are lawfully in the USA. Incomplete
applications, false information & omissions on application are grounds for denial. If more than one application is submitted at the same
time we will first process the Application that best matches the Owner’s requirements. Payment of a non-refundable application fee
$60 per adult, does not in any way guarantee that the applicant will be approved for the unit for which application was made.
Typical Funds due before Move-in may include: 1st Month Rent, Last Month Rent, Security Deposit, a $75 Tenant Processing Fee
and if applicable a Nonrefundable Pet Fee. If community association approval is required prior to occupancy, you will be asked to
follow the application process of the community association and make any required fees payable to that association in the amount
requested and produce for acceptance notice prior to occupancy. No checks accepted for move in funds or application fees. Move-in
funds are required to be paid with certified funds only (money order or cashier’s check). Only Checks drawn on a U.S. Bank will be
accepted for rent payments once moved in. You may also pay your application fee online at: www.DennisRealtyRentals.com, by
debit or credit card.
Applicant(s) and Applicant Inquiries that express any threatening behavior, aggression, actions or words or any threats of violence or harm, written, verbal or physical towards LANDLORD, management, agent, staff, or vendors shall be grounds for automatic denial of the Application without the opportunity to cure.
Typical Lease Obligations:
- Rents may be paid by mail or online at www.DennisRealtyRentals.com, (convenience fee applies for online payments). Post rent
or initiate online pay transaction 4 days prior to rent due date to avoid late charges. Pay Near Me service is offered as well where
Rent can be paid with Cash at designated locations.
- Rents are due by the due date listed on your lease.
- A Late Fee is assessed on the 4th day following the due date, late fee is of 10% of unpaid rent.
- NSF Fee for returned checks is 5% of check value or $40.00 whichever is greater.
- $40.00 Service Fee as Additional Rent when delivery of legal notice is required.
- $75.00 Renewal Lease Processing Fee
- Mandatory cleaning charge (market rate or dollar amt.)
- Mandatory carpet cleaning charge (market rate or dollar amt.)
- Mandatory re-keying charge if proper return of possession is not given (market rate or dollar amt.)
- Tenant responsible for Pest Control.
- Tenant responsible for all Utilities unless otherwise specified by landlord on Lease.
- Tenant Responsible for any minor repair up to $100.00.
- Tenant responsible for AC/ Heat filters and smoke alarm batteries.
- Tenant responsible to run AC & Heat to retard mold and mildew.
- Tenant Responsible for taking precautions to avoid mold and mildew conditions in the rental unit.
- Tenant responsible for repair of torn screens.
- Tenant responsible for Lawn & Shrub care unless landlord provides service, stated in Lease.
- Tenant responsible for Pool care unless landlord provides service, stated in Lease.
- Additional month rent owed if tenant does not give landlord a written notice of intention to vacate 60-days prior to the last day of the
lease even if tenant vacates on lease end date.
A. INCOME REQUIREMENTS - The gross income to rent ratio to qualify is 3 to 1.
- Applicants must have current, consistent and verifiable employment of at least 6 months. Applicant to provide Verification from Employer or copies of at least 6 current consecutive pay stubs.
- Supply 3 Month’s Personal Bank Statements
- Self-employed applicants must provide the following:
- The Previous full year’s tax return and previous 3 months company bank statements.
- Retired applicants must provide the following:
- Previous 3 months bank statements indicating the monthly direct deposit.
- OR, provide the documentation indicating monthly income, i.e. government letter of social security, disability income,
- or retirement (i.e. welfare, child support, alimony, etc.)
B. VERIFIABLE RESIDENCY - Applicants must have 3 years of verifiable resident history.
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, no NSF checks, sufficient notice of
Intent to Vacate, no complaints of noise or disturbance, and no damage to unit at time of termination.
- Relatives are not acceptable rental references.
- Daytime phone numbers are needed for rental references.
- If you do not have landlord references but have sold your home, provide copy of closing statement. If you own a
house that is now in Foreclosure or Short Sale, speak to Property Manager in advance to explain situation. If you
own a house that you are now renting, provide a copy of current lease.
C. CREDIT CHECK – Applicants with less than Good FICO credit scores are considered but with possible higher advance
funds prior to move-in.
- Applicants with slow pays, tax lien, repossession, foreclosure, discharged personal bankruptcy, collections or
less than favorable credit ratings may be considered with a required payment of last month’s rent in addition to
Security Deposit or a larger Security Deposit.
- Applicants will not be accepted for the following derogatory credit records: Eviction and/or monies owed
to an apartment or landlord.
D. CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies within the past 7 years involving the manufacture or distribution of controlled substances. For other felony convictions, we will conduct individualized assessments that take into account mitigating factors, such as facts & circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct, age at time of conduct, evidence of good tenancy before and after conduct, nature & severity of conviction and the amount of time that has passed since the conviction. Criminal history which indicates that an applicant’s tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals or whose tenancy could result in substantial physical damage to the property of the owner or others may result in rejection of the application.
E. APPLICATION FEE and PET APPLICATION FEE – NON-REFUNDABLE
$60.00 Money Order/Cashier’s Check Payable to DENNIS REALTY for each applicant.
Any persons age 18 or older are considered individual applicants (i.e. spouse, co-signers, room-mates or family member
must pay a separate application fee).
F. RESERVATION FEE FOR APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE
A Reservation fee equal to one month’s rent will be due in the form of a money order or cashier’s check.
Payable to DENNIS REALTY no later than 24 hours from notice of acceptance. Reservation Fee is non-refundable if
Applicant decides not to lease the property. Reservation Fee shall be applied to funds due before move-in (First Month’s
Rent) when Applicant executes a lease.
G. PETS - A Pet application and non-refundable pet application fee per pet of $50.00 must be submitted with application if
you intend to have pets on the property. ($50 INCLUDED IN $300 NON-REFUNDABLE PET FEE)
- No pets (with the exception of service animals) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord
in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional
pet deposit or additional security deposit. Certificate of medical necessity is required for service animals and fees and
deposits are waived for these animals. Unauthorized Pet Charge is $300.00
- The following breeds of dog will NOT be accepted due to insurance liability: Rottweilers,
Dobermans, Pit Bulls (A.K.A. Staffordshire Terriers), Bull Terriers, Wolf hybrids, German
Shepherds, Chows, Presa Canarios. This rule applies to mixed breeds and purebreds.
H. OCCUPANCY STANDARD Two (2) persons per bedroom plus one additional occupant is the occupancy standard.
I. VEHICLES No more than Two (2) vehicles per household without landlord's written consent.
J. NON-SMOKING All units are non-smoking.
K. REPORTING OF NON-PAYMENT It is the landlord's right under the lease to report all non-compliance with terms of your lease
agreement or failure to pay rent or any other charges to a collection agency and/ or credit bureau. As the Landlord's agent, DENNIS
REALTY may submit information to such agencies.
DISCLOSURE 1: Pursuant to Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15,U.S.C. Section 1681, et seq., as amended by the Consumer
Credit Reporting Reform Act of 1996 if the Owner denies you residency or requires a co-signer based on the information obtained
from this application you may request a copy of your credit report from the credit reporting agency within 60 days of your denied
application for residency. An adverse action letter will contain numbers for the credit reporting source being used by DENNIS
REALTY & INVESTMENT CORP / DENNIS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT.
DISCLOSURE 2: Pursuant to Florida law, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) is required to maintain a list of
sexual predators and sex offenders to enable the public to request information about these individuals living in their communities.
Tenants who deem this information material should contact FDLE toll free at 1-888-357-7332, via e-mail at
email@example.com, or via the Internet at www.fdle.state.fl.us/sexualpredators.
DISCLOSURE: 3: SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Due to school overcrowding in certain areas, school boundaries are subject to change.
As a result, the information available to the Owner and the Realtor may not be accurate or current, even though it appears to be
from a reliable source. If this information is important to you, contact the local school board directly to verify the correct school
boundaries for the particular property you are intending to rent prior to signing a lease.
DISCLOSURE 4: DENNIS REALTY is not liable for any costs to tenant resulting from Foreclosure of Mortgage on a rental