Getting Your Property Rent Ready
We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents.
According to Dennis Property Management standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property.
- Property professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operating as designed.
- Caulking in kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew.
- Doors and locks all functioning properly.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens be in good condition. All window must have screens, by Florida law.
Full Rent-Ready Requirements
In order to comply with both internal and rental housing requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be ‘Rent-Ready’.
- All mechanical components working as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’.
- Carpet professionally cleaned and looking fresh. Law does not allow a tenant to be charged for carpet replacement if older than 5 years.
- All painted surfaces fresh with no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner. Law does not allow a tenant to be charged for paint if older than 5 years.
- All bedroom windows should have vertical or mini-blinds.
- No personal property or items in the unit. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, etc.
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Garage floor swept
- No exterior debris
- Lawn cut and trimmed
- Landscaping fresh and clean
- Smoke detector on each floor – check for expiration
- Smoke detector in each bedroom – check for expiration
- Back sliding door should have vertical blinds
- All light bulbs working
- Doors open & close smoothly and doorstops installed on all doors
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew
- Safety railings secure
- Wood-burning fireplace(s), if operational, shall be clean of any debris and have a fireplace screen or heat-proof glass doors installed. If non-operational, the fireplace opening on the interior of the home shall be permanently sealed with an aesthetically pleasing material.
- All windows should have vertical or mini blinds.
- No draperies on windows
This list is not meant to cover each and make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked.